Product Advisory Solutions:
Quality problems are less often associated with actual defects or malfunctions and more often related to the ability of the product to meet customer expectations. J.D. Power helps automotive clients successfully understand and deliver on those expectations.
J.D. Power’s automotive consulting solutions help clients develop competitive advantages by integrating the Voice of the Customer into their strategic planning, development, supplier operations, and launch/production.
Product Development Process
- Improve the product definition, targets, execution, and overall alignment to customer expectations.
- Enhance processes used to identify and integrate the voice of the customer into the product development process.
- Better enable utilization of voice of the customer information in quality gates and milestones.
- Improve the use of voice of customer information in target-setting / trade-off process decisions.
Product Quality Improvement
- The results of Vehicle and Component Evaluations generate a greater understanding of consumer and marketplace requirements.
- The involvement of experts from various key markets ensures that multiple insights on the customers’ perception of the strengths and weaknesses of the vehicle are gathered.
- The project provides insights that can be used for the sales process and for sales process training.
- J.D. Power’s industry expertise based on the collaboration with OEMs across the globe allows for an outlook on future developments in the marketplace.
- Determine/improve plant capability for high quality launch/production.
- Provides rapid and concise evaluation of the in-plant quality systems as they relate to effectively preventing, detecting, prioritizing and resolving problems from the perspective of the customer.
- Provides definition and understanding of where gaps exist in in-plant quality systems (identifying and resolving customer defined problems) and taking appropriate steps to close those gaps.
For all our Advisory Solutions (both product and retail), please click here.
To contact us, please reach out to our Industry Experts.